A special ceremony has been held to mark the handover of RAF Leuchars to the army.
The Fife base, near St Andrews, has been an RAF station since 1920.
It was announced five years ago that its air force status was to end as part of the Ministry of Defence’s strategic defence and security review.
The military members were led in a parade by the RAF Leuchars Pipes and Drums.
In a fitting culmination to the farewell ceremony, two Eurofighter Typhoon jets from 6 Squadron flew past the historic site.
The 6 Squadron has now moved to RAF Lossiemouth.
RAF Leuchars was also the site of the annual Leuchars Airshow, which hosted displays from the Red Arrows, the Typhoons and the Battle of Britain memorial flight.
The final airshow was staged in 2013 and attracted 45,000 people.
The base will now become home to the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards.