It is the policy of the Saint Andrew Society of Western Australia to issue refunds to members and guests when they cancel their attendance provided the Society does not incur a cost.
The Saint Andrew Society is a not for profit body that exists to support its members. It is recognised that on occasions, members and guests who have previously advised they will be attending a function may no longer be able to do so. In these circumstances, the society will endeavour to ensure the member and/or guest received a refund for the cost of the event.
However, mainly for catering purposes, venues require the Society to confirm numbers of attendees a certain number of days prior to the event being held. The number of days may vary depending on the venue. But once numbers are confirmed, the Society is charged for that number regardless of whether everybody turns up.
Therefore, if a member or guest notifies the Society prior to the confirmation of numbers with the venue they will be eligible for a full refund of the ticket price.
Members or guests who notify the Society of their inability to attend a function after the confirmation of numbers will not be entitled to a refund unless the Society has a wait list for the function and can fill the vacancy that has occurred.
Members and guests will be able to claim refunds for events held by the Society that do not require confirmation of numbers, provided they notify the Society of their inability to attend prior to the event actually being held.
Members or guests entitled to a refund, may elect to receive the money into their nominated bank account or have the amount held by the Society as a credit which can be used for a future event.
- Once a member and/or guest notifies the Society they can no longer attend a function the Convenor of the function and the Treasurer are to be notified as soon as possible.
- If the notification is after confirmation of numbers, Convenor to check wait list. If there is a wait list and the vacancy can be filled, then process as per point 2 is to be followed.
- If there is no wait list and the vacancy cannot be filled, the member and/or guest will be informed that they are not entitled to a refund.
- For events where there is no requirement to confirm numbers, provided the member and/or guest notifies the Society prior to the event, the process in point 2 is to be followed.
- Members and guests who do not attend and event and do not notify the Society of their intentions not to do so will not be entitled to a refund.
- All refunds to be processed by the Treasurer after the function and all refunds will be minus any booking fees incurred by the Society.